4 March 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Lucky Me by Saba Kapur

Hiya!

Today I've got a book review for you guys - it feels like I haven't written a 'booky' post in ages! I'm really excited for you to read this review because I absolutely loved the book!

When I read the blurb for 'Lucky Me', I thought the book would follow quite a stereotypical romantic comedy plot line. However, within the first few chapters, my preconceptions had been proved completely wrong and I realised that the story was a lot more intricate than what I first thought, yet still made for a super funny read with plenty of cute moments!

The book is based around an 18 year old school girl, Gia, who has super famous parents who are always in the public eye. Gia begins to receive mysterious texts and phone calls from an elusive Dr. D, which along with her dad hiring bodyguards for the whole family, completely turns her world upside down; especially when she's strangely attracted to her bodyguard, Jack.

I loved the insight into the celebrity world that the book provided, while also ensuring that the plot was still relatable. Gia encounters many of the same trials and tribulations that most teenagers face, just with the added pressure of being the child of a super famous actor and actress!

I'm really hoping that there will be a sequel to follow 'Lucky Me' because I feel that there is a big plot line that could be explored and I would be interested to see how the story continues - I've got all my fingers and toes crossed!

Overall, I would definitely recommend that you go and pre-order 'Lucky Me' right away because it's honestly such a brilliantly written book and it amazes me that Saba Kapur is only 19 and has achieved so much!

Thank you for reading and I hope you've enjoyed it! I want to know what books you've been reading lately - tweet me or leave a comment below.

See you soon,
Charlotte x




No comments:

Post a Comment